Thursday, February 18, 2010

Stupid cold weather

When I moved to Florida in 2000, it was to escape the cold. I hate cold. I don't particularly like snow. I like palm trees and a warm sun.

For the last 9 winters, Fort Lauderdale has been beautiful. The excessive heat of summer stops around September, and it's beautifully temperate through May. Only an occasional two or three day cold snap (40's) has interrupted that.

It seems this winter has been chilly since December. By chilly I mean 60s, so most of the rest of the country is saying "oh poor you". But seriously, 60° is too cold to work on the hot rod, or sit outside and enjoy a drink at the Tiki Bar.

I am officially ordering Mother Nature to wise up and warm things up. After all, my taxes pay her salary. So get on the ball, Mama. I expect 70s by tomorrow or there's going to be trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment