Monday, February 1, 2010

Not enough hours in the day

Go to work, write, play the sax, play with the dog, pet the cat, talk to your wife, eat, sleep, work on the hot rod, go out, drink...Somehow it seems I used to be able to do a lot more stuff in a shorter amount of time!

Anyone remember the show "Harry O" from the 70s? He was a detective that lived on the beach...he had a boat that he was always fixing up, but it never went in the water. I've turned into that guy. My 53 Chevy hot rod has spent most of the last 10 years safely tucked away in  my garage, as I fix this, restore that, polish the other thing. Seems like I start on a project, two months go by and it ain't done.

Just the fact that I'm writing this instead of doing the brake job I started attests to the fact that it ain't goin' nowhere fast. It's up on jackstands, wheel's off. Brakes sitting next to it. Probably get to it in a week. Or two.

Why am I telling you this? Why do you care?

You shouldn't care! Now get off your lazy ass and go do something constructive already!

(he he he)
-Chris P

No comments:

Post a Comment