Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Bloggin' sure is a lotta work, kids

I wish I'd gotten into blogging when it started to get big. I was a late bloomer, just started this April. Funny, I don't feel like a blogger, just a cat who has something to say. Maybe it's because I don't blog about celebrities or news. Maybe it's because I just write for me, and if other people dig it, that's in the groove.

Whatever...I've been doing this for 9 months, and I gotta say...it's a lotta work! Holy cow! I maintain the "real" blog...Tiki Lounge Talk...and post at least three times a week. The content is 100% original...which means I have to research, write and design every post from scratch. I have to scan or take a lot of photos. It's fun as hell, but time consuming.

Then I have this site, where I just throw stuff on that doesn't fit the Tiki Bar theme, or where I rant and complain. Or pontificate.

Now I've started a third blog, are real blog, associated with the ad agency I work for. More work. But necessary...and fun.

On top of the blogs, there's the promoting on twitter, facebook, and myspace. I don't have nearly enough time to do it the way I really want to, but I'm keeping up with it. I've got almost 200 followers on Tiki lounge Talk's fan page...very proud of that, since I just started it last week.

Ok, well since I doubt anyone is reading this, I suppose I'll use my time for something more productive. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment